Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Columbus, Ohio
Motorcycle accidents can result in terrible damage to property, but worst of all, they can lead to severe injuries, and in some cases, you may be able to get compensation for your injuries and suffering, and our motorcycle accident lawyers Columbus, Ohio would like to guide you through that process.
Motorcycle Accident Common Injuries
Many injuries can result from motorcycle accidents. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Foot and leg injuries from impact and road rash
- Head injuries, especially if a helmet isn’t worn
- Facial damage occurs in ten percent of bikers in accidents
- Biker’s arm, which refers to arm injuries associated with bikers landing on their arms to try to break a fall
- Spinal damage or lesser back injuries
- Emotional distress and trauma from the accident
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
When you have a motorcycle accident, the first step is to tend to any medical needs that you may have. If you are medically compromised, everything else can wait. However, if you get the chance, sharing information with other parties in the crash, calling the police so that they can start a report on the incident, and taking pictures of the accident are useful steps. With these things, you can start to compile a file that has all your information, which you want to be easily accessible and organized.
Once you have taken care of any imminent problems, it’s beneficial to contact a motorcycle accident law firm in Columbus, Ohio. You want a reliable firm that knows the area’s standards, which is why our firm stands out.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are many causes of motorcycle accidents. Determining what issues were at play during an accident is part of the process we must go through in each case to determine what legal steps should be taken. Some of the most common causes are:
- Speeding, which both causes less control of vehicles and more damages
- The driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Road conditions can also contribute to accidents
- Stopping suddenly can cause serious damages, injuries, and even death
- Hazardous lane changes when someone doesn’t make appropriate checks when they are switching lanes
- Mistakes on left turns because left turns can lead to misjudgment or right of way issues
- Inexperienced driving can often result in increased rates of collisions
- Lane splitting, which is caused by motorcyclists being in two lanes when they drive
- Issues with the motorcycle itself can cause problems
- Car door collisions can happen when a car driver hits a passing motorcycle when they open their doors
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer FAQ
How long do I have to file a motorcycle accident injury claim?
In Ohio, you generally have two years to file a personal injury claim Ohio. A motorcycle injury lawyer in Columbus can help you better understand the parameters for filing a motorcycle accident claim in Ohio.
Should I accept a settlement offer?
Settlement offers are generally a good choice, but it is a mistake to take any settlement without legal representation. Companies and individuals may want you to settle at lower rates when you are unrepresented. People often get more money when they have a lawyer to help them through the settlement process. Generally speaking, the first offer is not the final offer, and we can help you negotiate more money from whoever you’re dealing with.
Remember that when settlements are hasty, that’s when you stand to lose the most. It may seem appealing to make a deal and be done with it because it’s hard to commit so much time and energy to a case, but you deserve better, and a lawyer will do the heavy-lifting to get you as much compensation as possible.
How much money is my motorcycle accident injury worth?
There’s no one figure that can suggest what kind of money you will receive from a motorcycle accident. We need to first analyze your case, which we can start to get this vital information in a free consultation. This consultation will help you determine what you can do going forward and will guide you through the process we likely would take. If you have any questions, a consultation can get all those answered. It’s helpful to come to your consultation with a list of things you want to know.
How can a motorcycle accident lawyer help me?
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and ensure that you are making the right decisions for your individual needs and wants. Our firm excels at personal injury cases, and if you need legal help, we provide a supportive, collaborative, and committed experience for our clients. Don’t just choose any motorcycle accident law firm in Columbus, Ohio. Choose one that stands with you and fights for the best outcomes you can get.Free Consultation
Great Law Firm, for personal and professional reasons, I recommend this law firm.